Mobile is the main platform for online activities these days and searches, online purchases are increasingly being done on your phones. For businesses, this means having to shift towards a mobile-first mindset and building applications that will help you achieve just that,
Need some statistics? Here are some
- There are 5.11 billion unique mobile users in the world.
- 95% of people in the U.S. own a mobile phone.
- People spend more than 3.5 hours per day on their mobile devices.
- 51% of shoppers have made an online purchase with a smartphone.
- 93% of millennials have compared online deals using a smartphone.
- Shoppers made 108% more purchases using apps than they did on the mobile web.
- Mobile commerce sales will account for more than half of all e-commerce sales by 2021.
A mobile-first indexing initiative means that Google’s algorithms will primarily use the content on a mobile site in the following ways:
- It will rank the pages of a site based on the content available on mobile.
- The snippets that appear on search results will come from the mobile version of a website.
- Google will use mobile content to make sense of structured data.
Building well designed responsive websites will help achieve that